Susan Boyle both happy, sad at musical based on her life
London: Singer Susan Boyle says watching a musical show based on her life made her feel both sad and happy.
The musical ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ is about the struggle of Boyle, who rose to fame with reality show ‘Britain`s Got Talent’ in 2009.
The role of Boyle, 51, was played by Scottish actress Elaine C. Smith but the former had gone on stage herself most nights to sing the title song.
"It`s funny when you see people playing people who you knew. It`s very surreal. To begin with it was upsetting because I was not used to it. Once I got into it though, it was quite clever and amusing," a website has quoted Boyle as saying.
"It was dead funny seeing Elaine pulling on the wig. I went, `Oh my God, what`s this?`," she added.
The singer says the show, which is currently being staged in Britain, might be taken to Australia but a date has not been fixed.
"I`ve been invited to go along but I don`t know when," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri