`Delhi Belly` set for Hong Kong release
New Delhi: Director Abhinay Deo`s adult comedy ‘Delhi Belly’ is set for a commercial release in Hong Kong Thursday.
Co-produced by UTV and Aamir Khan Productions, the film featuring Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunaal Roy Kapoor is a bold, youth-centric drama.
It will release across eight screens with Cantonese subtitles, said a press statement.
"It`s a very proud moment for us to have our film `Delhi Belly` release in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has a large young local and expat population and `Delhi Belly` has done superb business in cities like London, Singapore, Dubai, New York, Sydney and Melbourne. We hope it resonates with the audiences in Hong Kong," said Amrita Pandey, senior vice president (International Distribution and Syndication), UTV Motion Pictures.
"After the phenomenal success of `3 Idiots` in Hong Kong, there is a huge fan following for Aamir, and correspondingly for `Delhi Belly` since it is produced by him," added Pandey.
Written by Akshat Verma, the 2011 film was a hit and its music by Ram Sampath was a runaway success too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification