`Happy Days` for Salman Khan?
Zee Media Bureau/ Harpreet Kaur
New Delhi: ‘Dabangg’ superstar Salman Khan seems to have taken film production as a serious venture. It is speculated that the 47-year-old has bought the rights to a blockbuster south movie.
According to a tabloid, Salman, who is playing the role of an army officer in his upcoming movie tentatively titled ‘Jai Ho’, has bought the rights to 2007 Malayalam hit film ‘Happy Days’.
Khan has reportedly roped in veteran actor Puneet Issar, who has previously worked with him in ‘Garv’ and ‘Ready’, to helm the film for his production house.
“Puneet will direct the Hindi version of the 2007 Malayalam hit film ‘Happy Days’. Salman has already secured the rights. It is about a group of friends studying in an engineering college. The film was later made in Telugu and Kannada. Tamannaah who featured with Ajay Devgn in ‘Himmatwala’ starred in the South version,” the source said.
An insider also revealed that Salman himself might do a cameo role in the remake version.
As a producer, Salman has a few more projects in his kitty- a film starring Vinay Virmani in Canada and another which stars Aditya Pancholi`s son Sooraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kaabil trailer: Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's love story illuminates in 'darkness'
- Vidya Balan chooses her film wisely!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives thumbs up to brother Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'!
- Kahaani 2 trailer alert: Vidya Balan as Durga Rani Singh will leave you enchanted
- Kajol on board Salman Khan’s Dabangg 3?