`Kaanchi` is very promising, says Subhash Ghai
Mumbai: Filmmaker Subhash Ghai, who is currently busy with his directorial venture ‘Kaanchi’, calls it a promising film that has been made with great energy and passion.
"`Kaanchi` is a very promising film. I have made it with great energy and passion and I hope that you (audience) will feel that energy and passion in the theatre," Ghai told reporters here Saturday during the celebration of 100 years of Indian cinema at his institute Whistling Woods International.
‘Kaanchi’ features Kartik Tiwari and newcomer Mishti in the lead roles. The film also features Rishi Kapoor and Mithoon Chakraborty.
In his more than three-decade-long career so far, Ghai not only discovered talents like Manisha Koirala (with "Saudagar") and Mahima Chaudhry (with "Pardes") but has also worked with big and established stars like Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit and Shah Rukh Khan, among others.
And now in his latest directorial ‘Kaanchi’, he is working with new faces but for Ghai, it is the story which is important.
According to him, everyone who can pull out the character in his film, is a star for him.
"For me, only that person is star who is in front of the camera at that moment, whether he is a newcomer, or a star," Ghai said.
"For me, my subject, my story (that I am telling) is important. For me, all the actors with whom I am working are superstars and vice-versa. Even a superstar is always an actor for me, who is playing a character," he added.
"Kaanchi" is a love story of a young, beautiful girl from northern mountains, who fights against power.
It is slated to release Aug 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!