Actor Sandeep Kulkarni turns producer with `Dombivli Return`
Panaji: Marathi actor Sandeep Kulkarni, who starred in Hindi films like `Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi` and `Traffic Signal`, is set to make his debut in Bollywood as a producer with upcoming socio-psychological thriller `Dombivli Return`.
Kulkarni will also star in the film, which he has been co-produced with Mahesh Parash of Avdhoot Entertainment.
`Dombivili Return` has actress Rajeshwari Sachdev opposite Kulkarni and is being directed by Mahendra Teredesai. Kulkarni said the film is not a sequel to the acclaimed Marathi hit `Dombivli Fast`, which incidentally had the actor in the lead role.
"`Dombivli Return` is not a sequel to the 2005 Marathi movie. My film about the common man today is a middle class story and a socio psychological thriller which has cost me around three and half crores," said Kulkarni, on the sidelines of IFFI.
"I shot the film in just 28 days. Earlier, I had made a Marathi film `Premsutra` and this film is my debut as a producer in Bollywood. I paln to tap the corporate houses to release the film in a big way," he added.
`Dombivli Return` also stars Amol Parashar and Hrishikesh Joshi in lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan shoots with real-life boxers
- Sobhita Dhulipala was perfect for 'Raman Raghav 2.0': Anurag Kashyap
- Don't want to do many films at a time, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more