Amitabh Bachchan to play himself in `Bombay Talkies`?
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan reportedly plays himself in Anurag Kashyap`s short story in ‘Bombay Talkies’.
A bouquet of four short stories, ‘Bombay Talkies’ has contributions by four directors -- Kashyap, Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar and Dibakar Banerjee. An ode to 100 years of cinema, the film is up for a May 3 release.
The 70-year-old plays a cameo in Kashyap`s film and as part of the role, he will meet an ardent fan who comes to visit him from his home town Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh.
It is also said that Kashyap`s short story will have a special song dedicated to the veteran actor. It will be released Sunday outside Big B`s residence Prateeksha in Juhu, said a statement.
"Bachchan will play a cameo in the film. There is a surprise in store for him where a flash mob of 60 Bachchans (artistes dressed and masked like Bachchan) will launch the song in front of his home. Big B has a tradition of having fans gathering outside his house on Sunday evenings in the hope of catching a glimpse of the veteran," said a source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster