Bal Thackeray remembered at film fest
Panaji: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray was remembered at the opening ceremony of the 43rd International Film Festival of India here Tuesday.
Inaugurating the 10-day event, actor Akshay Kumar recalled his interactions with the rightwing political leader, who died Saturday following an illness in Mumbai .
"Thackeray used to say: `I`m a mass leader but you are the artiste. You draw crowds`," an emotional Akshay said.
The festival will open with the screening of Hollywood film ‘The Life of Pi’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?