Bollywood may get a thumbs down at IFFI: Official
Panaji: Bollywood movies may get a thumbs down this IFFI, an organiser said Tuesday.
"IFFI is for serious films and not for new Bollywood films," Vishnu Wagh, vice chairman of the Entertainment Society of Goa, one of the two government agencies organising the International Film Festival of India, told reporters after a meeting with Directorate of Film Festival officials here.
He said that the meeting also discussed the necessity to carry out a thorough cleansing of the cockroach-ridden government-run circuit house.
"We have to get rid of the cockroaches there," he said.
The circuit house and other government guest houses are used to host several of the delegates and key government officials who are a part of the organisational set up for the festival.
Wagh also said that superstar Rajinikanth had a medical treatment appointment which clashed with the IFFI festival inauguration which could make it difficult for him to attend the function.
"But we are trying on level best to get him here," Wagh said.
The IFFI is being held in Goa annually from 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sharman to do yet another erotic-thriller film with Vishal
- Varun Dhawan in ‘Judwaa 2’ – First look unveiled
- Lupita Nyong'o in talks to star in sci-fi thriller
- Ram Gopal Varma unveils controversial poster of first RGVtalkies short film 'Single X'
- Woho! Akshay Kumar to romance two leading ladies in next?