Decision to act was right, says Saif Ali Khan
Mumbai: His father and grandfather were cricketers, but Saif Ali Khan decided to make his career in showbiz as an actor and says he made the right choice.
His father Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and grandfather Iftikar Ali Khan both were cricketers, while his mother Sharmila Tagore is an actress.
"Genetically, I seem to have gone on my mother's side, but that's also fine because I am 42 now - I would have retired as a cricketer, but I am just starting to enjoy myself as an actor. I think it’s all in all a good decision," Saif told reporters while promoting his forthcoming release 'Go Goa Gone' on the sets of IPL Extraa Innings here.
He also talked about the book ‘Pataudi: Nawab of Cricket', about his father, who passed away in 2011.
He said: "The book is like a collection of people's experiences of him; it’s not really a story as such."
Saif is currently busy promoting ‘Go Goa Gone’ coming out May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- 'Girl boss': Sushmita Sen's weekend getaway with her adorable daughters!
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Allegation that 'Kriti' is copied baseless: Shirish Kunder