Deepika accepted `Kochadaiiyaan` for Rajinikanth
Mumbai: Actress Deepika Padukone, who will be next seen in Rajinikanth-starrer `Kochadaiiyaan`, gave her nod to the film primarily because of the South megastar`s association with it.
In `Kochadaiiyaan` Deepika will be seen alongside the cinema legend for the first time.
According to sources, Deepika agreed to be part of it (film) for emotional reasons.
When Rajinikanth`s daughter Saundarya, who is the director of this film, approached Deepika, the actress agreed to be associated with it without even hearing the concept, script or her role as she felt it was a huge honour for her to share screen space with the legend, they said.
She felt it was a great opportunity for her to interact with the star and discuss cinema with him. Also the team felt the performance level required for this film would be justified only by Deepika, sources added.
`Kochadaiiyaan` is being touted as the country`s first motion capture technology film. The film is helmed by Soundarya, who is also making her directorial debut with this project.
The film also stars Jackie Shroff and R Sarathkumar and is set to release on April 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah