Goa CM promises action against `Go Goa Gone` for defaming Goa
Panaji: Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar Tuesday promised action against Saif Ali Khan-starrer film ‘Go Goa Gone’ after a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator said it promoted smoking and showed Goa in bad light.
"You give me all the detail and I will take action," Parrikar told BJP MLA Pramod Sawant, after he said that the film`s publicity showed Goa negatively, apart from promoting smoking.
"The poster shows Saif smoking a cigarette through the back of a girl`s corpse," Sawant said.
"It shows a contrary signal to the world and encourages public to smoke," Sawant further said.
The National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE) has already complained to the state authorities, asking them to take action against Saif and the makers of the film under the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003.
The film releases in all theatres May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes