Goa CM promises action against `Go Goa Gone` for defaming Goa
Panaji: Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar Tuesday promised action against Saif Ali Khan-starrer film ‘Go Goa Gone’ after a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator said it promoted smoking and showed Goa in bad light.
"You give me all the detail and I will take action," Parrikar told BJP MLA Pramod Sawant, after he said that the film`s publicity showed Goa negatively, apart from promoting smoking.
"The poster shows Saif smoking a cigarette through the back of a girl`s corpse," Sawant said.
"It shows a contrary signal to the world and encourages public to smoke," Sawant further said.
The National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE) has already complained to the state authorities, asking them to take action against Saif and the makers of the film under the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003.
The film releases in all theatres May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Invest in different kind of bags, be stylish
- Lakme Fashion Week 2016: What made Emraan Hashmi's ramp walk more special! – Details inside
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!