Goa CM promises action against `Go Goa Gone` for defaming Goa
Panaji: Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar Tuesday promised action against Saif Ali Khan-starrer film ‘Go Goa Gone’ after a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator said it promoted smoking and showed Goa in bad light.
"You give me all the detail and I will take action," Parrikar told BJP MLA Pramod Sawant, after he said that the film`s publicity showed Goa negatively, apart from promoting smoking.
"The poster shows Saif smoking a cigarette through the back of a girl`s corpse," Sawant said.
"It shows a contrary signal to the world and encourages public to smoke," Sawant further said.
The National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE) has already complained to the state authorities, asking them to take action against Saif and the makers of the film under the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003.
The film releases in all theatres May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aditya Pancholi may be evicted from bungalow as landlady wins legal battle
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor look sizzling hot on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- What’s Salman Khan’s connection with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ cast
- Why Kris Jenner blasted former husband Caitlyn
- Miley Cyrus uses sunflowers to cover her modesty