Hrithik Roshan finally walks out of Karan Johar`s `Shuddhi`
Mumbai: Hrithik Roshan is opting out of Karan Johar`s upcoming film `Shuddhi`, saying he does not want to delay the project.
The film was slated to reunite Roshan with his `Agneepath` director Karan Malhotra and his former co-star Kareena Kapoor but the actor`s health and subsequent separation from wife Sussanne kept delaying the project.
"Karan Malhotra (director) and I have decided to unite in the most ambitious way post-Shuddhi. For now I cannot allow a vision like Shuddhi to stagnate any further. I had the finest experience an actor can have working with Karan Malhotra in `Agneepath`," Hrithik said in a statement here.
"I`m sure both my dear Karans (director Malhotra and producer Johar) are going to go beyond with this one. Shuddhi remains a part of me in spirit and I am sure it will be a landmark in our cinema. I wish them all the best," he said.
There is a buzz that Kareena would also not be a part of the film, mainly due to date issues, as the film got postponed due to Hrithik`s health.
There are reports that Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone might replace Hrithik and Kareena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government should decide if banning actors can stop terrorism: Varun Dhawan
- Can you caption this PIC for Katrina Kaif? Yes, she's asking for it!
- Pakistani artistes controversy: MNS workers protest outside Karan Johar’s residence
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- MNS effect? Pakistani actor Fawad Khan secretly LEAVES India—Deets inside