Hrithik Roshan finally walks out of Karan Johar`s `Shuddhi`
Mumbai: Hrithik Roshan is opting out of Karan Johar`s upcoming film `Shuddhi`, saying he does not want to delay the project.
The film was slated to reunite Roshan with his `Agneepath` director Karan Malhotra and his former co-star Kareena Kapoor but the actor`s health and subsequent separation from wife Sussanne kept delaying the project.
"Karan Malhotra (director) and I have decided to unite in the most ambitious way post-Shuddhi. For now I cannot allow a vision like Shuddhi to stagnate any further. I had the finest experience an actor can have working with Karan Malhotra in `Agneepath`," Hrithik said in a statement here.
"I`m sure both my dear Karans (director Malhotra and producer Johar) are going to go beyond with this one. Shuddhi remains a part of me in spirit and I am sure it will be a landmark in our cinema. I wish them all the best," he said.
There is a buzz that Kareena would also not be a part of the film, mainly due to date issues, as the film got postponed due to Hrithik`s health.
There are reports that Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone might replace Hrithik and Kareena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt