I don`t believe in success parties: Sajid Khan
Mumbai: Filmmaker Sajid Khan, known for giving back-to-back hits ‘Heyy Babby’, ‘Housefull’ and ‘Housefull 2’, doesn`t believe in throwing parties to celebrate the success of his films.
"I don`t believe in success parties. Every show where the audience enjoys the film is like a success party to me," said Sajid, whose ‘Himmatwala’ is set to come out Friday.
He also doesn`t take critic ratings very seriously. As far as ‘Himmatwala’, which stars Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah, goes, he is not expecting any praise from the critics.
Sounding confident about his product, he said: "I knew my film will be a hit when I started writing it. This is my review. I don`t even want a half-star review for `Himmatwala`. I will not even read one review. I don`t hate critics, but I feel that 90 percent of them don`t love cinema. They are just doing a job."
When Sajid makes a film, his motto is to entertain.
"I don`t make a film thinking that I want to prove a point. No film can change society. People may say life follows art, but life has never followed art. Otherwise after `Munnabhai` and `Rang De Basanti`, the world would have been a better place," he argued.
He is sure women will love emotional scenes in ‘Himmatwala’.
"You will feel proud of being a woman as there are three to four scenes where you will start clapping. It is very relevant today," he said adding that "Women are far superior to men".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' enters Rs 100 cr club; makers CONFIRM 'Jolly LLB 3'!
- Vishal Bhardwaj a big fan of ‘Omkara’ lady Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Sushant Singh Rajput gears up for 'Chandamama Door Ke' – Here’s how
- Aamir Khan's 'Thugs of Hindostan' to star 'Dangal' actress Fatima Sana Shaikh?
- Rangoon: Reasons why Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut starrer is a MUST WATCH