Internet supports cinematic expressions: Shekhar Kapur
Mumbai: Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur says he is impressed with some independent films showcased on internet.
"Some of the edgiest films I see are not in theatres but on videos on the internet, which is provoking an exciting new form of cinematic expression," Kapur tweeted.
Kapur also feels that media`s views often hamper quality of some filmmakers.
"Filmmakers often become too media dependent and in doing so, merge their identity with the media view of them, losing the originality of their voice," the 66-year-old tweeted.
"One of the most important thing for an artist to do is to take a long break from success," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Preity Zinta shares keys to happiness - Here’s more about it
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik
- 'Coffee With D' movie review: Sunil Grover’s film is fun in a ditzy way
- Irrfan Khan’s ‘Hindi Medium’ poster out and it’s interesting!
- Shah Rukh Khan talks about working with Salman Khan