Item numbers are important marketing tools: Pooja Misra
New Delhi: Reality TV star Pooja Misra, who will be seen in dance number `Tilasmi` in Chandra Barot directed `Hum Baaja Baja Denge`, says nowadays item numbers are used as an important marketing tool to promote films.
Pooja feels movies come and go but the item numbers stay and people remember them for a long time.
"These days everyone wants to be a part of an item number because they have become popular. Item numbers have been in momentum and they are used as a very important marketing tool for a film. They are selling like hot cakes, so everybody wants to be a part of it," Pooja told IANS in a telephonic interview from Mumbai.
"Tilasmi", was offered to her before she became a part of reality show "Bigg Boss 5", a "mood lifter" for Pooja.
"I got the offer for the film before I went in the `Bigg Boss` house in the fifth season. The cast was already finalised for the film but I was asked to go and meet the director. When Chandraji saw me, he said `you are my item girl` and I was finalised for it.
"It`s such an energetic song and is a mood lifter. The song will just excite the audience," Pooja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Watch how to apply your foundation flawlessly! Video inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'