‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ to have a grand premiere to celebrate Yash Chopra’s life
Mumbai: Yash Chopra’s family has decided to host a grand premiere for Chopra’s latest and last venture ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. The film, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma, is slated for a Diwali release.
The mood at YRF has been sombre ever since the veteran filmmaker breathed his last on Sunday. The sudden death led to shockwaves within the industry. Chopra, who had just recently celebrated his 80th birthday last month, had announced that ‘JTHJ’ would be his last film as a director.
On Saturday morning, Pam Chopra, the late filmmaker’s wife, released an official statement in the media stating that YRF family has decided to pay a special tribute to Yashji and will host a grand premiere for his last film.
"I want to give my husband an unforgettable farewell. Accordingly, we have decided to have a grand premiere for his ultimate film, JAB TAK HAI JAAN, exactly the way he wanted it. This is a fitting tribute to a man who would have had it no other way. I have asked my sons Aditya and Uday to go ahead with all the preparations. This premiere is our way of celebrating his illustrious life, rather than mourning it", said Pam Chopra in the statement.
Sources have claimed that the premiere would be organized on 12 November, just as Yash Chopra would have wanted, a day before the film releases in theatres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Is Rajinikanth supporting BJP candidate? Here’s the truth
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone relationship: Bollywood’s Ram-Leela not a couple anymore?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!