Karan Johar to replace Kareena with Deepika as Hrithik’s heroine in ‘Shuddhi’?
Zee Media Bureau/ Harpreet Kaur
New Delhi: There were reports that Karan Johar has signed Kareena Kapoor for his upcoming project ‘Shuddhi’. The filmmaker tried hard to bring together Kapoor and movie’s male lead Hrithik Roshan- after a gap of 12 years- on the silver screen once again. However, there are rumours doing the round that Johar is now talking with the ‘bankable’ actress Deepika Padukone for the same.
According to a leading daily, Johar is now said to be keen on signing Deepika Padukone- who has given hit movies like ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Ram-Leela’ - for his movie. It is also reported that Kapoor’s last movie –‘Gori Tere Pyaar Mein’(which failed to create any ripples at the Box Office)- is one of the main reasons why Johar is rethinking his decision to cast Kareena.
“It’s true, she (Deepika) has been approached. However, she still needs to read the script and take a decision,” a source said.
On the other hand, there are rumours that Kapoor is also uncertain to give her dates for ‘Shuddhi’.
Well, the point is if the reports are true, will this major replacement result in Johar and Kapoor’s friendship going kaput.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan