KJO borrows Nazia Hassan’s ‘Disco’ song for SOTY
Mumbai: He had earlier bought the rights of Roy Orbison’s famous track ‘Pretty Woman’ and presented an indianised version in ‘Kal Ho Na Ho’. This time around Karan Johar has taken special permission from composer Biddu and borrowed a part of Nazia Hassan’s famous song ‘Disco Deewane’ and incorporated in a new song in his upcoming film ‘Student Of The Year’.
Starring Mahesh Bhatt’s daughter Alia, David Dhawan’s son, Varun and model Siddharth Malhotra, SOTY is a story of a high school, where main protagonists are competing for the coveted ‘Student of the year’ trophy. The film’s first look was released few weeks back amidst much fan fare in Mumbai and Karan introduced the three new comers to the media.
The song features the three main leads along with Sana Syyed, who was last seen playing SRK’s daughter in ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’. Composed by Vishal Shekhar, the song has been sung by Vishal, Sunidhi Chauhan and Benny Dayal and has Nazia’s famous voice crooning the original song in between.
SOTY is also Karan Johar’s first film as a director which doesn’t have SRK playing the lead, though the actor is the co-producer of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dilip Kumar's house: Court asks Pakistan government on takeover
- Watch: Second trailer of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ edgy, action-packed
- Jennifer Aniston stars in funny new emirates commercial
- 'Elegant' Aishwarya Rai launches Longines' Dolce Vita in Delhi
- Will the Maheshwari family come to know about Ragini’s villainous face?