Madhuri Dixit inaugurates Indian Panorama at IFFI
Panaji: After Shah Rukh Khan inaugurated the 42nd Indian International Film Festival, actress Madhuri Dixit carried forward the Bollywood presence here by opening the Indian Panorama section and the short films center this morning.
Dressed in a lime green knee-length dress and heels, Madhuri wore her trademark smile throughout as the media and delegates jostled to grab and eyeful of the `dhak dhak` girl.
"I am very honoured to be here. I thank the Indian and Goa govt for inviting me. Goa is a wonderful place and it is a great idea to hold IFFI here. People come here to exchange ideas and put the same life into different perspectives. It`s filmmakers like you who broaden our horizon as actors, make us learn and help us grow. It helps me give something new when I perform the next time," she said.
The 43-year-old actress, who recently relocated to India with her family after a 10-year-long stay in the US, added, "Goa is such a sunny place. I have always cherished my visit here. This is my third visit to the place with my family and I can say `Dekha hai teesri baar, Goa ke aankhon mein pyar` - although it sounds very filmy!"
The actress opened the Indian Panorama section here, which kicked off with the screening of non-feature Hindi film `Adwait Sangeet` by Makarand Brahme and Santhosh Sivan`s Malayalam feature film `Urumi`. Madhuri also felicitated the jury members who had selected the films in the Panorama section from among entries from all over the country. Actor Jackie Shroff was also present, alongwith IFFI director Shankar Mohan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt