Makers planning `War Chhod Na Yaar` sequel
Mumbai: `War Chhod Na Yaar`, described as the first war comedy of the country, is yet to come out, but the makers are already planning a sequel, thanks to the positive response to its promos.
Directed by Faraz Hayeder and produced by AOPL Entertainment, `War Chhod Na Yaar` features Sharman Joshi and Soha Ali Khan in the lead roles.
"We believe in the film and I am sure it will work. The subject is strong and the response that we have got so far for the film is very positive," Prashant Narayanan, managing director of the company, said.
"We are packed with a Malayalam film till September 2014. In Hindi, we are getting a lot of scripts and we were thinking why not to have `War Chhod Na Yaar 2`? It`s a kind of story that can be moulded. There may be a part two, you never know," he added.
Scheduled for an Oct 11 release, "War Chhod Na Yaar" is said to be made on a budget of Rs.12-13 crore.
"It`s not a small budget film, it`s a medium budget film. It`s a medium budget because we have got decent stars and the setup was also good. All the technicians were quite experienced," said Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification