Milan Luthria brought southern-flavour in Bollywood: Vidya Balan
Mumbai: Actress Vidya Balan, who played southern actress Silk in ‘The Dirty Picture’, says the movie`s director Milan Luthria should be given credit for sparking the trend of using southern flavour in the characters and songs of Bollywood.
"I did not start (the trend), Milan Luthria did. I am an actor and I work according to the demands of the story. It (`The Dirty Picture`) was the story of a southern actress," the 33-year-old said here.
Vidya spoke on the sidelines at the launch of Munmun Ghosh`s novel ‘Unhooked’ here Friday.
Taking the trend of southern flavour forward, Rani Mukerji has done a Tollywood-style number in her next film ‘Aiyyaa’.
When Vidya was asked if the song and movie reflects shades of "The Dirty Picture", she said: "If it is south-based film then they will be visible."
Directed by Sachin Kundalkar, ‘Aiyyaa’ has Rani in the role of a Marathi girl and also stars southern actor Prithviraj.
Meanwhile, talking about her romantic-comedy ‘Ghanchakkar’, in which she features with Emraan Hashmi, Vidya said: "Shooting is on and we are trying to make a good film. Let`s see what happens."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan