My Hindi film career complete after working with Yash Chopra: AR Rahman
Mumbai: Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman has teamed up with Yash Chopra for the first time for the veteran filmmaker`s much-talked about directorial venture ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. The music maestro says with the project his Hindi film career is complete.
"Yashji saw one of my concerts in London. We had invited him and I think maybe he felt that I should be in his film and was kind enough to call me. So it was a great honour for me because I had not worked with him. My whole Hindi film career is now complete," the 46-year-old said here Thursday at the announcement of Royal Stag Mega Music event.
"We had a very good experience so far. He seemed very happy and I hope the people feel the same," he added.
Talking about the kind of music done for the film, Rahman said: "It`s a combination. They wanted to do my kind of songs at the same time they wanted the old charm and soul of music that Indian audience would love and which I wanted to do for a long time."
"We did in `Taal` and `Swades` and it`s such a great thing to come together to do this," he added.
The music of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is yet to be released but the title poem penned by Gulzar is already creating waves.
The film hits theatres Nov 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!
- Mahira Khan expresses desire to promote 'Raees' with Shah Rukh Khan
- Ironic twist to Raees promotion, man who died in Vadodara commotion wasn’t there to see Shah Rukh Khan