My Hindi film career complete after working with Yash Chopra: AR Rahman
Mumbai: Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman has teamed up with Yash Chopra for the first time for the veteran filmmaker`s much-talked about directorial venture ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. The music maestro says with the project his Hindi film career is complete.
"Yashji saw one of my concerts in London. We had invited him and I think maybe he felt that I should be in his film and was kind enough to call me. So it was a great honour for me because I had not worked with him. My whole Hindi film career is now complete," the 46-year-old said here Thursday at the announcement of Royal Stag Mega Music event.
"We had a very good experience so far. He seemed very happy and I hope the people feel the same," he added.
Talking about the kind of music done for the film, Rahman said: "It`s a combination. They wanted to do my kind of songs at the same time they wanted the old charm and soul of music that Indian audience would love and which I wanted to do for a long time."
"We did in `Taal` and `Swades` and it`s such a great thing to come together to do this," he added.
The music of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is yet to be released but the title poem penned by Gulzar is already creating waves.
The film hits theatres Nov 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- 'Sultan' promo out: Salman Khan gets defensive for Shah Rukh Khan! - Watch
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' steady at Box Office, mints Rs 57.56 crore!
- 'Sultan': Spectacular Anushka Sharma as a bride will win your heart!- See full pic
- 'Shorgul' not to be released in Muzaffarnagar
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani