No real-life characters in `Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai`: Akshay Kumar
Kolkata: Refuting rumours that his upcoming movie ‘Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Again’ (OUATIM) is based on the lives of two underworld dons - Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Rajan - Akshay Kumar said it is a fictional story with no real life characters.
"Let me correct you, we are not playing real life characters," said actor Akshay, who plays Shoaib Khan in the underworld drama, in which Imran Khan will be seen as Aslam.
" I am playing Shoaib`s character and he is playing his character, there is nothing called real life character", added the star at a media meet, when asked whether the duo have done any research on their respective characters.
"It`s a fictional film. Lot of small, small incidents have been taken and added here," he said.
Imran added: "It is a fictional story and as Akshay said incidents are picked up, modified and used here."
Directed by Milan Luthria, OUATIMA also stars Sonali Bendre and Sonakshi Sinha. Produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor, the film is slated for a Aug 8 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say