Poetry often defines what many films can`t: Sudhir Mishra
Mumbai: Sudhir Mishra grew up in Lucknow where poetry is a part of life and the filmmaker feels two lines of poetry can assimilate more than many films put together.
"Poetry defines a situation, what a poet does is you think of something, you have been in a situation and he kind of defines it for you, he understands life better. You say `Oh, why didn`t I think of this and this is how I felt that time when it happened to me`. This is what poets do and two lines of poetry is often more than many films put together," Mishra said here Wednesday at Tahzeeb Gangojaman - A Unique Mushaira.
Mishra is happy that such an initiative has been taken.
"I think it is brilliant what is happening, I am so glad that this tradition is revived because it is part of me and how I grew up," he said.
Kapil Sibal, Minister of Communications and Information Technology was also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri Special: You simply can not afford to miss Arijit Singh's 'Maiya Teri Jai Jaikaar' – Watch
- Going for skin lightening, whitening solutions? Rethink
- Puberty can change the way how humans recognise faces
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions
- Won't let 'Ae Dil Hai Mushqil' and 'Raees' release: Raj Thackeray
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside
- Amazon Prime Video partners with filmmaker to launch 'Baahubali: The Lost Legends'!
- Sony Music acquires music rights of 'Dear Zindagi'