Poetry often defines what many films can`t: Sudhir Mishra
Mumbai: Sudhir Mishra grew up in Lucknow where poetry is a part of life and the filmmaker feels two lines of poetry can assimilate more than many films put together.
"Poetry defines a situation, what a poet does is you think of something, you have been in a situation and he kind of defines it for you, he understands life better. You say `Oh, why didn`t I think of this and this is how I felt that time when it happened to me`. This is what poets do and two lines of poetry is often more than many films put together," Mishra said here Wednesday at Tahzeeb Gangojaman - A Unique Mushaira.
Mishra is happy that such an initiative has been taken.
"I think it is brilliant what is happening, I am so glad that this tradition is revived because it is part of me and how I grew up," he said.
Kapil Sibal, Minister of Communications and Information Technology was also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!