Rani Mukerji gets `Mardaani`, Yash Raj Films’ next
New Delhi: Actress Rani Mukerji is gearing up for a bold and powerful role in Yash Raj Films` next project titled ‘Mardaani’. It will be directed by the acclaimed Pradeep Sarkar.
Known for producing romantic movies like ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’, ‘Hum Tum’ and ‘Veer-Zaara’, YRF is now said to take up one of its boldest subjects in ‘Mardaani’.
"Starring Rani Mukerji in the lead, playing the role of a cop for the first time, the raw and gritty film will be YRF`s boldest subject ever to be made and a distinct departure from Pradeep Sarkar`s style of filmmaking," Rafiq Gangjee, vice president (Marketing and Communications), YRF, said in a statement.
The movie is expected to go on the floors later this year. It is slated to release worldwide in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan catches up on 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'!
- Makers of 'Kashmora' use 360-degree camera rig
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- 'Gabbar Singh 2' goes on floors, Pawan to soon join
- Regional cuisines to dominate in coming year: Chef Sanjay Thomas
- David Gandy to quit modelling
- Ian Somerhalder refuses to pose for fans
- Kate Moss feels she's as famous as Katie Price
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, to undergo surgery later
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter family hits 15 million!
- When Anushka, Priyanka waited for the boys!
- Khloe Karadashian ready for divorce?
- Charlie Weber marries fiancee
- Perry, Mayer not serious about each other?
- Taylor Swift asks Calvin Harris to move in
- Nick Cannon vents about 'false relationship' on Instagram
- Ricky Martin believes in `connect before marriage
- Taylor Swift goes on dinner date with Calvin Harris
- Katy Perry, John Mayer dating again?
- Nicki Minaj's rapper beau says not ready for marriage yet
- Kris Jenner encourages Kendall to date Lewis Hamilton?
- Doubt Zayn and I will get married this summer: Perrie Edwards
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study