Rishi Kapoor`s cop role in `Besharam` was Ranbir`s idea
Mumbai: Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor got to play a police officer in upcoming film `Besharam` after his son Ranbir Kapoor suggested his name to director Abhinav Kashyap.
When Abhinav said that they had to cast a senior actor to play a police officer, it was Ranbir who suggested his father`s name.
"I am excited to have all three of them in my film. I didn`t know that Rishiji had never played a policeman in his entire career. I was so excited to have Rishiji and Neetuji play police personnel for the first time," Abhinav said in a statement here.
The film stars Rishi Kapoor as Inspector Chulbul, a name that became popular after Salman Khan etched it in `Dabangg`.
It is for the first time that the Kapoor family - Ranbir and his parents Rishi and Neetu - have come together for film `Besharam`.
Releasing on October 2, the film introduces newbie Pallavi Sharda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Varun Dhawan, John Abraham's 'Dishoom' mints Rs 11.05 crore on opening day
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Shirish Kunder's short film 'Kriti' garners 5 million views!