Salman Khan’s ‘Mental’ loses 12 days and Rs 25 crores
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Salman Khan – who has had his fair share of controversies in the past – is going through a rough patch on his career front this year.
According to a leading daily, with an impasse over the clash between stuntmen from the South and Mumbai, the King of blockbusters has lost almost 12 days of shooting for ‘Mental’ and has also incurred a loss of a whooping 25 crore.
Sohail Khan – the producer-director of ‘Mental’ – has hired a leading South Indian fight master for his upcoming flick abiding by the All India Film Employees Confederation (AIFEC), according to which 70% of the fighters have to be local and 30% from the region of the fight master.
In case of ‘Mental’, fighters from the South refused to shoot and demanded that 50% of their men be hired for the action scenes.
“The unit had to return within a week even though it was a 15-day schedule in Kolhapur because the fighters refused to shoot. There was another schedule in Lavasa, which was a continuity sequence from a Dubai shoot that needed the same fighters. There too, the Film Employees` Federation of South India (FEFSI) refused to send their stuntmen,” a source said.
Dharmesh Tiwari, President of AIFEC, said “The FEFSI is not ready to follow the rule passed in March 2013, and they are forcing the producer to take 50% of their fighters.”
We hope Salman’s troubles come to an end soon!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!