Shabana Azmi would like to work in a Pakistani film
Karachi: Veteran Indian actress Shabana Azmi says she would definitely think about working in a Pakistani film if a good script came her way.
The 63-year-old actress is in the city to attend the ongoing Sindh Festival on a special invite from Bilawal Bhutto, the Chairperson of the Pakistan Peoples Party.
Azmi said being a professional actor she is ready to work anywhere as long as the script and subject is strong.
"I am happy to be back in Karachi as it is always good to visit Pakistan because there is a lot in common between the people of both the countries," Azmi said.
"The good thing is that the people are always in contact with each other and we like so many things about each other and also have lot in common in arts and culture," she added.
Azmi also felt that Pakistan and India should try to have more joint ventures in filmmaking as this would benefit both countries.
The `Arth` star is due to attend some main events and closing ceremony of the festival.
Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah, Azmi`s co-star in many Shyam Benegal movies, has worked in popular Pakistani films `Khuda Ke Liye` and `Zinda Bhaag`, which was the country`s entry to the Oscars this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!