Sharman Joshi’s next: War comedy `War Chod Na Yaar`
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Sharman Joshi will soon start shooting for a war comedy ‘War Chod Na Yaar’, a genre, which he says, is unique not only to Indian cinema but also to world cinema.
"The concept just took me. War comedy is unique, not only for Indian cinema but in terms of world cinema. At least in my experience, the time I have spent in seeing various movies, I have not seen a film on this line and concept," the 34-year-old said here Friday at a press meet held for the film.
"It says things of substance and importance in a very light, smart and piercing fashion. It`s a film we all will be proud of," he added.
Talking about its story, Sharman said: "My character is of an Indian army captain. Basically it`s about the relationship between the Indian and Pakistani soldiers on the border and how that relationship is challenged when the war is declared and then how they stop this war or cannot stop this war... that is what the story is about."
Being directed by Faraz Haider, "War Chod Na Yaar" also stars Jaaved Jaffrey, Soha Ali Khan and Mukul Dev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri 2016: Did you know there is a colour code which you can follow?
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP