Shraddha Kapoor keen to move beyond romance in films
Mumbai: Actress Shraddha Kapoor, recently seen in successful love saga `Aashiqui 2`, says she wants to go beyond the genre of romance on screen, and try her luck at different roles, especially a grey character.
"The fact that people liked `Aashiqui 2` and my character (Aarohi) in it, they now want to see me in a lot more romantic films. I would like to do romantic films, but honestly I would like to do beyond that as well," Shraddha told reporters here at an event.
"I would like to do other genres also and it will be interesting," she added.
Shraddha, daughter of actor Shakti Kapoor, made her Bollywood debut with `Teen Patti` in 2010. But she earned popularity only with `Aashiqui 2`.
Asked about the kind of roles she wants to play, Shraddha said: "If I will get the opportunity to be a part of a very interesting character that has grey or white shades, then why not? I would love to play it."
Meanwhile, the actress will soon be seen in Mohit Suri`s next `The Villain`. Besides, she has also teamed up with director Rohit Shetty for his next project, which is expected to go on floors soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Dilwale' is a big film: Ajay Devgn
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still