Sushant Singh Rajput steps into the shoes of Hrithik Roshan
Having worked with him in ‘Jodhaa Akbar’, Hrithik Roshan was Ashutosh Gowariker’s first choice when he began to cast for his historical film on the Indus Valley civilisation. Hrithik was keen to be part of the project, and he promised to make time for it.
However, the film kept getting delayed. Now after waiting for over a year for him, Ashu has roped in Sushant Singh Rajput for the film.
Gowariker, who is synonymous with period films like ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ and ‘Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey’, is making his next based on Mohenjodaro. Like the Hrithik-Aishwarya starrer, this one too will be narrated in the form of a love story. The director has researched for this film in tandem with a by a team of archaeologists.
This is the second film in which Singh has ‘replaced’ Roshan.
Hrithik was also considered by Shekhar Kapur for his project ‘Paani’. The film will have a strong Indian and Western star cast.
Sushant will be joined by a young leading actress from the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Mirzya’ boy Harshvardhan Kapoor begins shooting 'Bhavesh Joshi'
- Blake Lively feels 'Gossip Girl' reunion will be fun
- Hiddleston perfect to be next 007 agent: Caterina Murino
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Burberry bosses sue Rapper Burberry
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut
- Harshvardhan Kapoor in Motwane's 'Bhavesh Joshi'
- 'Baar Baar Dekho': Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma' breaks all records, rejoices 4.3 million views in 1 day!
- My brother, father completely different as filmmakers: Varun Dhawan
- TIFF 2016 releases its impressive schedule