Taapsee Pannu`s spontaneity impresses Shoojit Sircar
Mumbai: Director-producer Shoojit Sircar, who has roped in `Chashme Baddoor` fame actress Taapsee Pannu for his `Running Shaadi.com`, marvels at her acting skills.
In the film, Taapsee is paired with Amit Sadh of `Kai Po Che!` fame, who recommended her name to the filmmaker.
"There were little doubts in my mind, but I think Amit (Sadh) was quite clear and he told me about Taapsee. When I met Taapsee, all my doubts were gone and I thought Taapsee was absolutely bang on as a cast," Sircar said in an interview.
Based in Amritsar, Punjab, `Running Shaadi.com` is a youth romantic comedy centred around the website that helps people elope and get married.
"She herself is a Sardarni from Punjab and she speaks fluent Punjabi. Her nuances are very clear. She is a very good actress and very spontaneous. She is looking very fabulous. I am quite happy with the pair," said Sircar.
The filmmaker, who launched Ayushmann Khurrana with "Vicky Donor" and also teamed up with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, praises Taapsee`s spontaneity and determination.
"Amit Sadh is a very good actor. I have seen him in `Kai Po Che!`, he is one film old. For me, this is a fresh cast absolutely. Together, they have rehearsed for almost two-three months. They kept on rehearsing," Sircar said.
"They were very good together and became good friends also," he added.
First-time director Amit Roy is helming `Running Shaadi.com`, which will come out in the middle of next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception
- Kangana Ranaut records statement with cops in connection with Hrithik's FIR