Vidya Balan to sign Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Ragini MMS’
Mumbai: Thinking man’s muse Vidya Balan is all set to play lead in Ekta Kapoor’s upcoming venture ‘Ragini MMS’, which is based on the infamous MMS scandal in a prestigious Delhi based school.
Apparently, Kangna Ranaut had been approached by Ekta Kapoor to play the lead role. When the former showed uneasiness on hearing the explicit content of the film, Kangna Ranaut chickened out at the last minute. However, Ekta Kapoor was quick to find Kangna’s replacement in Vidya Balan.
Talking to a daily, a source confirmed the news and said, “Kangna walked out of the film, perhaps because she had developed cold feet about the movie. This is a bold movie and it needs an actress who can do justice to a strong portrayal. Vidya is can deliver such intense roles with confidence. She is anyway doing ‘Dirty Picture’, based on the life of Silk Smitha, with Ekta and her company felt that she`s appropriate for the role. So, they`ve approached her.”
When contacted, the CEO of Balaji Motion Pictures, said, “I don`t want to say anything at this stage. But the film is definitely on.”
After playing the power-packed role of Sabrina Lall, sister of Jessica in ‘No One Killed Jessica’ and sex-siren Silk Smitha in ‘Dirty Picture’, it seems Vidya is keen on a serious image makeover and has become a hot favourite of Bollywood filmmakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to skip amfAR Gala for 'Sarbjit'
- Want 'Sarbjit' to release in Pakistan: Omung Kumar
- Hollywood bound? Deepika Padukone auditions for role in Tom Cruise starrer 'The Mummy'