‘Vishwaroopam’ release in Karnataka deferred to Jan 27
Bangalore: The release of actor-director Kamal Haasan`s controversial movie ‘Vishwaroopam’, facing a two week-ban in Tamil Nadu due to its alleged anti-Muslim content, has been deferred to January 27 in Karnataka.
The sole distributor of the film in Karnataka, Gangaraju, claimed that the postponement is in pursuance to the request of state police not to release the film today and tomorrow in view of ‘Milad-un-Nabi’ and Republic Day as "it could disrupt communal harmony and lead to a law and order problem".
"However, the film will be released in 25 theatres across the state including 15 in Bangalore city on January 27," he told reporters.
Gangaraju said money had been refunded to those who had booked tickets for the film in advance for today and tomorrow in five theatres in Bangalore.
Meanwhile, disappointed with the non-release of the film, some fans of the veteran actor carried banners and shouted slogans in two theatres in the city. The protest was peaceful, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kylie Jenner is broke?
- Tanmay Bhat jokes about Priyanka Chopra’s accent – Here’s her response and it’s cool!
- Chris Klein, wife welcome first child
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- 'Dragon' is coming soon! Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor ready to roll
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here