Why is Shoojit Sircar angry with `Vicky Donor` producers?
Mumbai: Shoojit Sircar is happy that ‘Barfi!’ has been selected as India`s official entry for the Oscars this year, but at the same time he is upset with the producers of ‘Vicky Donor’ for not sending it for the jury`s consideration.
The Film Federation of India (FFI) announced Saturday that Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D`Cruz starrer will be India`s official entry for the Oscars in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
"I`m really happy for Ranbir Kapoor, Anurag Basu and the whole team of `Barfi!` on the film`s selection as India`s entry to the Oscars. Congratulations!," said Sircar in a statement.
"However, as far as my film `Vicky Donor` is concerned, I`m very disheartened, disappointed and angry that one of this year`s most original high concept story was not even considered by the producers of the film to be sent for the jury`s consideration," added the director.
Actor John Abraham`s JA Entertainment co-produced ‘Vicky Donor’ with Eros International. Made at a shoestring budget of of Rs.5 crore, the film on sperm donation rocked the box office by collecting Rs.45 crore.
"I was in complete shock when the jury told us that they have not received the film from Eros for consideration...this purely shows their disregard for a film that brought them commercial success as well as critical acclaim," Sircar said.
"I would also like warn all directors to beware of producers and watch out for their films at every stage. For somebody like me and the kind of films I make, what makes me happiest is the critical acclaim much more than the commercial gains. I sincerely hope that Eros in future does not repeat this mistake with any other film," said Sircar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!