Won`t change `Dirty Politics` poster: Bokadia
Mumbai: The release of the first poster of "Dirty Politics", showing protagonist Mallika Sherawat wrapped in the tricolour and sitting atop a car with a beacon, has kicked up a row, but director K.C. Bokadia is unperturbed. He says that he will not buckle under pressure and change it.
"Some political party from Rajasthan is planning to file a case against me and I got to know about it yesterday when my lawyer briefed me about it," Bokadia, knwon for producing hits like "Pyaar Jhukta Nahin" and "Janta Ki Adalat", told IANS.
"Our poster has nothing to do with any party and if someone forcibly wants to link his party with our film, then it`s not acceptable. The party is claiming that the Congress flag is similar to the one in the poster. In the Congress flag, there is a hand in it and in our flag there is nothing as such. If at all the colour looks similar, it was not intentional at all," he added.
Helmed by Bokadia, the film is based on the Bhanwari Devi sex scandal, and the cast features some of the best actors from Hindi filmdom - Om Puri, Naseeruddin Shah, Anupam Kher, Jackie Shroff, Ashutosh Rana and Rajpal Yadav.
"People are targeting our film because they don`t want us to release the film. There should be a valid reason to change the poster... I am not going to change the poster of my film under any pressure. There should be a solid convincing reason to change it," said Bokadia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan introduces THIS child actor after Harshaali Malhotra – See PICS
- Jackie Chan says Oscars came to me and I did not go to Oscars
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- 42 years of 'Deewar': Amitabh Bachchan says it had the best screenplay ever