Writer alleges copyright violation of ‘Krrish 3’, claims Rs 2-cr
Mumbai: A writer from Madhya Pradesh Monday moved the Bombay High Court alleging copyright violation of the script of Hrithik Roshan-starrer ‘Krrish 3’ and seeking a stay on the all India release of the film this Friday unless he was given a compensation of Rs two crore.
Uday Singh Rajput, a resident of Sagar district in Madhya Pradesh, filed a petition claiming he had written the script titled `Krrish-2` which was a sequel to Krrish part 1. However, he said he was being denied the credit for writing the story.
Rakesh Roshan, producer of Krrish-3, has also filed a caveat in the High Court urging that no relief should be granted to Uday Singh Rajput unless he (Roshan) is heard in the matter.
Both the applications would be heard tomorrow by Justice S J Kathawala.
Rajput claimed he had registered his script titled Krrish-2 with the Film Writers Association on July 23, 2008. Thereafter, he met Roshan and gave him the script. Roshan promised to pay him if the script was used.
However, instead of paying him, Roshan used the same script to make a sequel to Krrish and gave the title as Krrish-3 instead of Krrish-2, Rajput alleged.
The petitioner further alleged Roshan had advertised in electronic media that he himself was the story writer of Krrish-3, although before the court in his application Roshan has stated that the story was written by Rubin Bhatt and the script was registered on March 3, 2011.
Rajput claimed his script had been used by Roshan to make the film Krrish-3 which was being released on November 1 and sought a stay on its release until the matter was decided and a compensation of Rs two crore paid to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu's latest fashion summer hack will give you style goals – See pic
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan parties hard at graduation bash! – Pics inside
- Men are from Mars and women from Venus, indeed – Here’s a proof
- Sooraj Pancholi flaunts toned abs, credits 'Rocky Balboa' Sylvester Stallone as his biggest inspiration – See pic
- Celina Jaitly sizzles in elegant black gown and red lips at red carpet in Dubai – See pic
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- Box Office report of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda starrer 'Sarbjit'