Hub for reading, aspiring writers in Kolkata soon
Kolkata: Writing and reading enthusiasts here, who wish for their talent to be spotted and honed, will get such an opportunity courtesy a weekly Readers` and Writers` Club set to be launched Aug 7.
The hub in south Kolkata`s Ballygunge will encourage aspirants to showcase their mastery with words as well as their elocutionary prowess through sessions conducted by leading litterateurs, artists, filmmakers and anybody who is associated with writing and reading.
"The club will have four sessions a month, that is, one session per week every Thursday starting Aug 7. Guests will have to pay Rs.500 for the four sessions. It is open for all," Ritika Choudhury, owner of Circle Art 360, one of the organisers said.
A collaborative effort by AHAVA Communications, Circle Art 360 and Creative Studio, the club will be a haven for book lovers as well with discussions and book launches.
Choudhury said the organisers are also mulling international partnerships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lionsgate picks up rights to 'The Kingkiller Chronicle' books
- Banned New Zealand book to hit US shelves
- Non-conformity Zindabad! The poetic protesters of Pakistan
- 'Family Secrets: The Khan Family Cookbook': Food binds the large Khan family together
- Gut feeling: Have probiotics for improving brain functions