"I`m not creatively involved in `Idiots`"
Mumbai, May 09: Putting rumours to rest, writer Chetan Bhagat confirmed that his first book `Five Point Someone` published in 2004, is being made into a film by Rajkumar Hirani of `Munnabhai` fame, but he is not creatively involved in the project.
`The film titled `Idiots` by Hirani is an adaptation of my book. Though he has not creatively involved me in the project, I will be given the due credit for my story,` Bhagat told reporters Thursday at the launch function of his third book `The 3 Mistakes Of My Life`.
Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor have already been signed for the mega budget film while the rest of the cast is yet to be finalised, said sources close to Hirani. The film is still in the pre-production stage and will go on floors soon, they added.
Bhagat, who has earned much fame for his books `5 Point Someone` and `One Night @ The Call Center`, said Bollywood filmmakers should turn to books to make good films.
`There is a shortage of writers in Bollywood and therefore the filmmakers should try out making films from good books. Hundreds of the best Hollywood films were made from books; so why shouldn`t Bollywood also adopt the same style?`
His bestseller `One Night @ The Call Center`, published in 2005, has already been made into a film titled `Hello`. Directed by Atul Agnihotri. The film stars Salman Khan, Sohail Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sharman Joshi, Isha Koppikar and Amrita Arora.
Agnihotri, who was present at the book launch, said the originality of thought and subject prompted him to make the film on the book. `Besides, the simple narrative style of the book also made it easy to make a film script out of the book,` he added.
Bhagat has penned dialogues and screenplay for Agnihotri`s film.
On being asked about his plans, Bhagat said: `As of now I will be concentrating on writing a few scripts for Hindi films but I will certainly not leave writing books because it gives me the due recognition.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!