New Yorker editor pens new Obama bio
New York: A new biography of US President Barack Obama based on conversations with him, his family and political rivals will hit bookstores in April, publisher Alfred A. Knopf said on Monday.
"The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama," by Pulitzer Prize-winning author David Remnick, examines the president`s upbringing and political evolution, as well as the complex racial issues in America that led to his election, according to Knopf.
Remnick, editor of The New Yorker magazine, conducted hundreds of interviews with influential figures in Obama`s life and the book also includes correspondence by Obama and letters written by his late mother, Ann Dunham.
"The Bridge reveals not only his character, but also his trials, motivations, and perspectives in a way that a memoir, even a remarkable one, cannot," Sonny Mehta, chairman of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, said in a statement.
Obama wrote two memoirs, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that both became best sellers.
"The Bridge" will be published in the United States on April 6. Knopf is an imprint of US publisher Random House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dance-based films are a necessity: Hrithik
- Bollywood hails 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser!
- IIFA 2015: Ranveer misses press con, Arjun wears 'sanskari' T-shirt!
- 'ABCD2' team preps up in Dubai!
- '19 Kids and Counting' spin-off in works
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Brad Peyton wants to make a 'Superman' movie
- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus reunite on-screen
- 'Beyblade' set to be made into film
- William Shatner could play Captain Kirk again: Simon Pegg
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Singer Ed Sheeran and his ''lazy eye'' immortalized in wax
- Indian artist showcases paintings in Egypt
- Biennale foundation to chose curator for 2016 edition
- Playwright, actor Sam Shepard arrested on drunken driving charge
- Broadway 2014-2015 season is best ever with $1.36 billion in grosses
- Artist sells other's Instagram photo for $90,000
- Vietnam's 'Ceramic King' has over 100,000 antiques
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in