New Yorker editor pens new Obama bio
New York: A new biography of US President Barack Obama based on conversations with him, his family and political rivals will hit bookstores in April, publisher Alfred A. Knopf said on Monday.
"The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama," by Pulitzer Prize-winning author David Remnick, examines the president`s upbringing and political evolution, as well as the complex racial issues in America that led to his election, according to Knopf.
Remnick, editor of The New Yorker magazine, conducted hundreds of interviews with influential figures in Obama`s life and the book also includes correspondence by Obama and letters written by his late mother, Ann Dunham.
"The Bridge reveals not only his character, but also his trials, motivations, and perspectives in a way that a memoir, even a remarkable one, cannot," Sonny Mehta, chairman of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, said in a statement.
Obama wrote two memoirs, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that both became best sellers.
"The Bridge" will be published in the United States on April 6. Knopf is an imprint of US publisher Random House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan’s message to Pakistan’s Mahira Khan- ‘Uff’ we will look good in ‘Raees’
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s Brazilian fan pays tribute to Indian culture
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt to appear in Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss 9’?
- See pic: Anushka Sharma in 'thrilled' state!
- Watch: Ranbir, Deepika in 'Matargashti' from 'Tamasha'!