Ramanujan`s biography now in Malayalam
Thiruvananthapuram: American author Robert Kanigel`s acclaimed biography of legendary Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan is ready for release in Malayalam.
`Ananthatthe Arinja Aal`, the Malayalam version of Kanigel`s `The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan`, will be released by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Wednesday.
The work has been translated by professors P. Ramachandra Menon, T.M. Sankaran and J.W. Crystal Florey under a joint project of the Srinivasa Ramanujan Institute of Basic Sciences (SRIBS) and the State Institute of Languages, with support from the Ramanujan Mathematical Society.
SRIBS is a capacity-building initiative of the Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment (KSCSTE).
Kanigel`s inspirational book published in 1991 details the extraordinary life and work of Ramanujan, especially his seminal mathematical contributions and his life-changing association with British mathematician G.H. Hardy.
The Malayalam version is the second translation of Kanigel`s book in an Indian language, after the first in Tamil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother