Singer Juanes to publish his first book
Miami: In his first book, `Chasing the Sun`, to be released April 2, Colombian singer-songwriter Juanes talks about some of the more intimate aspects of his life that influenced him as a musician and as a person, publisher Celebra Books said.
"My profession is not writing books, far from it. I felt that if I did it, it was really so you would know the truth about who I am, who is behind the songs and concerts you hear. Why I make the music I do and why I think the way I think," Juanes said in a communique.
Juanes, recent winner of two Latin Grammy Awards for his latest disc, "MTV Unplugged", said that this work was done out of "pure friendship" and is meant to thank people who have supported him through the years since his musical career began.
"In `Chasing the Sun` (`Persiguiendo el Sol` in the Spanish version), Juanes goes beyond music and speaks for the first time about the profound experiences that have shaped him as an artist and as a person," said Raymond Garcia, editor of the publishing house.
Juanes, who has sold more than 16 million discs worldwide, writes in the book about his first musical influences, the creation and breaking up of his first band Ekhymosis with which he spent 12 years, as well has his first steps as a soloist and how successfully that turned out.
The book, to be launched simultaneously in English and Spanish, will also contain unpublished personal photos of the Colombian artist.
In this work, the composer of "Es por Ti" (It`s for You), "A Dios Le Pido" (I Ask God) and "La Camisa Negra" (The Black Shirt) also talks about growing up in Medellin, Colombia, the pain that his father`s death caused him, how he fell in love with his wife and the birth of their three children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma to join forces once again?
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- Akshay Kumar inaugurates football tournament
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- Wedding bells! Yuvraj Singh & Hazel Keech to tie the knot this December
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside