Jaipur Literature Festival 2013: The literary extravaganza kicks off today!
Delhi: The DSC Jaipur Literature Festival – the confluence of ideas, culture and literature – kicks off in style at the Rajasthan capital today! Despite threats from Muslim groups and tension simmering away beneath the calmness of the festival, Jaipur is all set to welcome some of the best brains from the literary fraternity and the intelligentsia.
The festival is to start formally at the Diggi Palace lawns with renowned Bengali writer Mahashweta Devi’s keynote address ‘Oh! To Live Again’ January 24. The five day long festival is to see ‘Buddha in Literature’ – a spiritual slant that is a huge attraction this time around. His Holiness The Dalai Lama is also to visit the Pink City during the course of the literary extravaganza.
Like every year, this year will also see renowned authors addressing relevant issues, reading out to the ones present and so on. World music and fusion would be the theme of the concerts and an eclectic mix of performers would take to the stage this year. Singer Susheela Raman, accompanied by a Rajasthani band featuring Kutle Khan, Nathoo Solanki and Mian Miri Qawaals, the Coke Studio, Flamenco dancer Jaoquin Ruiz and the Chicago Children`s choir would all grace the festival.
Like every year, 2013 too, would see the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival in its best form possible – a riot of culture and colours!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- It's waste of time to say anything: Aditi Rao Hydari on link-up rumours
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'