37 designers create 37 black clutches for cause
New Delhi: As many as 37 Indian designers have created 37 exclusive classic black clutches in their signature style - all for a cause.
The sales proceeds of these products will go to charitable organisation Habitat for Humanity India.
The initiative, The Black Clutch Project, is a joint initiative by multinational financial services corporation American Express and fashion and lifestyle magazine Vogue for their global luxury fashion extravaganza - Fashion`s Night Out (FNO).
The event will happen Thursday at Tote on the Turf in Mahalaxmi, Mumbai.
During the event, American Express Platinum Card members will exclusively witness the creations, which have been conceptualised by designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla and Anita Dongre, said a statement.
"We work towards creating unique and exclusive events for our valued Platinum Card customers and it`s our pleasure to partner with Vogue and over 35 top Indian designers for The Black Clutch Project," said Shailesh Baidwan, country head and manager - Consumer Services, American Express India.
"Not only do our valued Platinum customers get to be the first to preview and purchase these unique interpretations of the Black Clutch but also get to contribute meaningfully towards the charity Habitat for Humanity by purchasing these unique designs," added Baidwan.
Some other designers who have contributed their designs for the initiative are Payal Pratap Singh, Abraham and Thakore, Anand Kabra, Raghavendra Rathore, Anupamaa Dayal, Rahul Mishra, Anushka Khanna, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Ashish N Soni, Shantanu and Nikhil, Krshna Mehta, Shivan and Narresh, Manish Malhotra and Masaba Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Robert Downey Jr travels with his furniture
- Hundreds say farewell at funeral for blues great BB King
- Kim Kardashian is a great wing woman: Paris Hilton
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- 'Empire' season 2 returns in September
- Bob Saget to return for 'Full House' revival
- 'Urban Cowboy' to get TV adaptation
- Graham Moore's viral-outbreak drama gets series order
- 'American Idol' stint was my worst experience: Mariah Carey
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- TV news may lead to racial bias
- '19 Kids and Counting' spin-off in works
- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus reunite on-screen
- Kendrick Lamar's special performance on Ellen's show
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi