Bhairavi Jaikishan`s ‘Paradise Island’ collection for destination weddings at LFW
Mumbai: Designer Bhairavi Jaikishan`s collection ‘Paradise Island’, designed specifically for destination weddings, and was showcased Sunday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013.
The designer feels that the concept of destination weddings is coming up in India and her collection catered to such stylized functions.
"My collection is called Paradise Island and it is a cocktail collection suited for destination weddings. Nowadays people understand that instead of blowing up so much money on an elaborate Indian wedding, it`s better to keep it more personalized," Jaikishan told the media after the show.
The collection comprised net saris with heavy embroidery, suits and lehengas with embroidered cholis in colours like gold, pink, red and orange.
The designer tried to focus on the wear ability of her collection, making the clothes as light as possible.
"The clothes are very wearable. You can wear these clothes at different places...it is a light weight collection. Even the heaviest clothes are so light," she said.
With her designs being the stars of her show, Jaikishan didn`t feel the need to have a celebrity show stopper.
"The girls and the clothes are beautiful. I didn`t feel the need to have any show stopper," she said.
After having designed for many years now, the designer said that she has evolved and so have her collections.
"I have evolved a lot. As you mature, your collection also matures. I have matured and this reflects in my clothes," she said.
The ongoing edition of the fashion week ends March 26
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan Khan's 'Madaari' release date postponed, will hit screens on July 15!
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how