Charu Parashar experiments with red carpet fashion
New Delhi: Stylish jumpsuits and flared pants with prints and hand embroidery dominated designer Charu Parashar`s Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) spring-summer 2014 showcase Saturday.
What caught the attention of fashionistas were floor length gowns which had an Indian as well as western look.
"I`ve tried to create red carpet pieces. Even if it is (in the space of) resort wear, then also it is very chic,"the designer told IANS.
The line, she said, is a continuation of her label`s autumn-winter 2013 line.
"We tried to create a very different classic look," she said, explaining that through her designs, the brand is trying to create an identity for today`s woman with the pieces which don`t just make style statements, but are also classic in appeal.
“I tried to experiment with print and embroidery... I usually do lot of colours, but this time I tried to create a very classic look. The print (used this time) is basically inspired by Persian carpets and culture. We have done a lot of resham work, which is all hand embroidered. Because it is for summer, we used black and gold to a luxe look,” she said.
Parashar also used ecru on the garments to lend a dreamy feel. She also used a lot of Banarasi chanderi for her white collection. It has sheer bodices in net, embroidered with resham work. The translucent feel to the apparels adds sensuousness.
Accessorising also played a huge role in the collection.
"I`ve accessorised the collection with beautiful clutches, handbands, bandanas with latkan (tassle) at the top,"”she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH