Deepa Mehta`s inputs were invaluable: Ritu Kumar
Mumbai: Fashion designer Ritu Kumar says filmmaker Deepa Mehta`s inputs for costume designs for wedding sequences in ‘Midnight`s Children’ came to her aid in a big way.
"Deepa has helped in the costume department and provided inputs on how the designs should be. Deepa and I sat to discuss about costumes where she gave her invaluable inputs which were greatly helpful," said the veteran designer.
Though Kumar is known for her wedding couture lines, this is not her first movie work.
She has earlier designed for films like ‘Love Breakups Zindagi’ and styled Freida Pinto for few of her scenes in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
‘Midnight`s Children’ recently premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and will premiere at the Vancouver Film Festival Sep 27.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik accuses Kanwaljeet Singh of racism
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan proud to be Indian, says no intention of leaving India
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Priyanka Chopra turning poetic with Montreal winters
- I respect Aamir, but India is most tolerant country: Vivek Oberoi