Deepa Mehta`s inputs were invaluable: Ritu Kumar
Mumbai: Fashion designer Ritu Kumar says filmmaker Deepa Mehta`s inputs for costume designs for wedding sequences in ‘Midnight`s Children’ came to her aid in a big way.
"Deepa has helped in the costume department and provided inputs on how the designs should be. Deepa and I sat to discuss about costumes where she gave her invaluable inputs which were greatly helpful," said the veteran designer.
Though Kumar is known for her wedding couture lines, this is not her first movie work.
She has earlier designed for films like ‘Love Breakups Zindagi’ and styled Freida Pinto for few of her scenes in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
‘Midnight`s Children’ recently premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and will premiere at the Vancouver Film Festival Sep 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Commando 2' poster: Vidyut Jammwal is blinded by money
- Jackie Chan, Sonu Sood's 'Kung Fu Yoga' trailer is the most action-packed thing you will WATCH today!
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt's biological mother seeks access to her?
- Really inspired by what Deepika, Priyanka are doing: Dev Patel
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback