Deepa Mehta`s inputs were invaluable: Ritu Kumar
Mumbai: Fashion designer Ritu Kumar says filmmaker Deepa Mehta`s inputs for costume designs for wedding sequences in ‘Midnight`s Children’ came to her aid in a big way.
"Deepa has helped in the costume department and provided inputs on how the designs should be. Deepa and I sat to discuss about costumes where she gave her invaluable inputs which were greatly helpful," said the veteran designer.
Though Kumar is known for her wedding couture lines, this is not her first movie work.
She has earlier designed for films like ‘Love Breakups Zindagi’ and styled Freida Pinto for few of her scenes in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
‘Midnight`s Children’ recently premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and will premiere at the Vancouver Film Festival Sep 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!
- ‘Befikre’ couple Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor looks smoking hot together- SEE pics
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare