Designer Preeti Ghai`s ode to modern women
New Delhi: Designer Preeti Ghai has launched her latest range titled ‘The Princess Collection’, aimed at today`s self-conscious women.
"The new collection is for adventurous modern day woman where youthful innocence makes traditional grace. Vivid colours and interesting drapes ensure that the collection attains a playful charm while the intricate embroideries add drama to the garments," Ghai said in a statement.
The silhouette includes saris, jacket lehengas, gowns with long jackets and kalidar anarkalis in a colour palette of pink, gold, black, blue and green. The designer has used fabrics like velvet, king khab and net.
The use of velvet, Kashmiri thread embroidery, applique work and Swarovski crystals is meant to add elegance to the collection.
"My forte is Indian formal wear. Playing with fabric has always been inspiring. I believe velvet would be a big hit among fashion connoisseurs in 2013. So you would find use of rich velvet, sheer net and king khab in most of my creations, which are a fine amalgamation of modern with a traditional and regal flavour," the designer added.
The collection is available at the designer`s store, with a price on request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn