Designer Preeti Ghai`s ode to modern women
New Delhi: Designer Preeti Ghai has launched her latest range titled ‘The Princess Collection’, aimed at today`s self-conscious women.
"The new collection is for adventurous modern day woman where youthful innocence makes traditional grace. Vivid colours and interesting drapes ensure that the collection attains a playful charm while the intricate embroideries add drama to the garments," Ghai said in a statement.
The silhouette includes saris, jacket lehengas, gowns with long jackets and kalidar anarkalis in a colour palette of pink, gold, black, blue and green. The designer has used fabrics like velvet, king khab and net.
The use of velvet, Kashmiri thread embroidery, applique work and Swarovski crystals is meant to add elegance to the collection.
"My forte is Indian formal wear. Playing with fabric has always been inspiring. I believe velvet would be a big hit among fashion connoisseurs in 2013. So you would find use of rich velvet, sheer net and king khab in most of my creations, which are a fine amalgamation of modern with a traditional and regal flavour," the designer added.
The collection is available at the designer`s store, with a price on request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how