Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era
New Delhi: Mother-son designer duo Riimple and Mayyur Girotra have taken inspiration from the Mughal and Victorian eras to create their latest couture collection, which is a perfect mix of traditional craftsmanship and modern silhouettes.
"Our forte lies in ethnic wear as well as trousseaus and occasion wear that include saris, suits, jackets and wedding gowns," Riimple said.
"We usually take inspiration from the bygone and opulent Mughal and Victorian eras and have infused many elements of that period into the garments," she added.
The collection is a mix of high collared asymmetrical coats with embroidered printed pencil trousers, gowns, anarkalis, jackets and fishnet skirts with corset blouses made with cotton, satin, chiffon in the bright shades like purple, orange, pink and red.
The mother-son team feels that the combination of applique work and velvet patch work adds elegance to the line.
"We have used variety of thread embroideries as practiced in Royal Ateliers of the past. Also jackets are heavily embellished with resham and zari embroidery inspired by the bygone and opulent Mughal period. The dress and gowns are made of net and cotton satin lining with a combination of applique work and velvet patch work which is inspired by nature, flowers and colours," said Mayyur.
When asked about the USP of the collection, he said that they are constantly innovating.
"We are continuously evolving and this is the reason we keep on discovering new things in our range. In this way, we are trying to meet the growing demand of the discerning Indian buyer, not only within the country but also outside it," Mayyur added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court order narrows pop icon Prince's potential heirs to six
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic