Dia Mirza opens show for Anita Dongre at LFW
Actress Dia Mirza was the showstopper for ace designer Anita Dongre at Lakme Fashion Week here.
Anita Dongre ended day three at Lakm? Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 with her utterly breathtaking pastel collection called `Varanasi Weaves` which was a tribute to the traditional Indian fabrics.
The actress glided down the catwalk in a lemon lehenga and long-sleeved blouse followed by models wearing waisted full-sleeved dresses, maxi, gowns, pencil skirts, floor skimming skirts, cropped tops, worn with flared pants, kurtas over layered flowing pants, embroidered blouses matched with palazzos, long sleeved tube gowns.
Men`s wear was stylishly perfect with unstructured jackets, waistcoats, shirts, kurtas, bundgalas, dhotis and slim trousers.
Inspired by the hand-woven cottons of Varanasi, the colour Story was powder blue, lemon yellow, nude, dull gold and pure white.
Embroidery was tonal with beadwork and gentle shimmer highlighting the ensembles.
There was a giant white floral cut-outs framed the archway to the ramp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Rishi Kapoor 'thrilled' about 'shauchalaya' named after him
- Sachin Tendulkar biopic most awaited film of year: AR Rahman
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- Wow! What a combination - Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Behind the scenes- Sexy Femina cover girl Radhika Apte unplugged – Watch video