Dia Mirza opens show for Anita Dongre at LFW
Actress Dia Mirza was the showstopper for ace designer Anita Dongre at Lakme Fashion Week here.
Anita Dongre ended day three at Lakm? Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 with her utterly breathtaking pastel collection called `Varanasi Weaves` which was a tribute to the traditional Indian fabrics.
The actress glided down the catwalk in a lemon lehenga and long-sleeved blouse followed by models wearing waisted full-sleeved dresses, maxi, gowns, pencil skirts, floor skimming skirts, cropped tops, worn with flared pants, kurtas over layered flowing pants, embroidered blouses matched with palazzos, long sleeved tube gowns.
Men`s wear was stylishly perfect with unstructured jackets, waistcoats, shirts, kurtas, bundgalas, dhotis and slim trousers.
Inspired by the hand-woven cottons of Varanasi, the colour Story was powder blue, lemon yellow, nude, dull gold and pure white.
Embroidery was tonal with beadwork and gentle shimmer highlighting the ensembles.
There was a giant white floral cut-outs framed the archway to the ramp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions
- Would love to be a dance teacher: Alia Bhatt